January and February are my favorite months of the school year. Students tend to be more focused, calm, and ready for new challenges. They are more serious students. Our classroom routines and expectations are established and everyone is engaged in work, for the most part!
There is lots going on this month!
- January 18 – Dollar Dress Day
- January 19 – PTO Fundraiser at Ship’s Pub in Litchfield at the intersection of Hwy. 17 and MLK Road.
- January 21 – GCSD Academic Fair– Georgetown Middle School. Students must arrive by 7:30 a.m. and be dressed in their school tie-dye t-shirts.
- January 21 – Date Night sponsored by our Middle School students: You can find the registration form here: http://coastalmontessoricharter.org/parents/forms/
- January 25 –Formal Dining Day
- January 28 – First Annual CMCS Fun Fair sponsored by the MMUN 6thYears traveling to New York City. Please put it on the calendar as it promises to be a fun time. The students have been working hard to create an event that promises to deliver.
I emailed the lunch order form for his week. (I couldn’t get it to paste on this page!)
And just around the corner is the Annual CMCS Gala on February 11! Our class is working on a pair of unique fillable lamps with a one of a kind lampshade design, made from recycled catalogs! The catalog pages are rolled into long “straws” and then twisted into “scrolls”. Quite a time consuming endeavor! We used this technique for a project for the Gala a few years ago and it was a big hit. We thought we’d revisit the activity in a new way. I love this activity because all of the child get to be a part of the work. Let the paper rolling begin!