I hope you all are having a wonderful long weekend. It is important to note that we are enjoying this holiday because of an amazing man and his dream of a better world for everyone. We will be sharing and learning about Dr. King, equality, and peace throughout the next week. As Montessorians, peace is always in our thoughts and wishes for this world whether we are studying different people and cultures or learning about the works of the United Nations. As Maria Montessori said, “Peace is what every human being is craving for, and it can be brought about by humanity through the child.”
This past week, all the students were all given their new Math homework. This homework is due every Friday morning! Please remind and work with your child to return their homework on time and complete. If your child has any issues or questions throughout the week, please have them bring them to me the next day.
Reminder, if your child has a speaking part in the Upper Elementary play practice will begin this week. Play practice will be after school both on Wednesday, January 19th and Thursday, January 20th. Students may choose which day better suits their schedules and if they desire can come to both days. They will be doing the same thing the following week on Wednesday, January 26th and Thursday, January 27th. Again, students can choose which day better suits their schedule needs. Play practice will begin directly after school in the Grand Hall and end at 4:00. You will need to pick up your child in the bus loop where Mr. Chad will help with dismissal.
Important Upcoming Dates
- January 18 – Dollar Dress Day – If possible, students can dress in a ‘Peace’ themed manner to honor Dr. MLK.
- January 19 – PTO Fundraiser at Ship’s Pub in Litchfield at the intersection of Hwy. 17 and MLK Road.
- January 20 – It’s the return of PIZZA FRIDAYS! We have worked it out with Dominos and will be serving pizza again but we’ve dropped the price to $1.50 per slice! Sign up and pay in the classroom by Thursday’s morning.
- January 21 – GCSD Academic Fair – Georgetown Middle School. Students must arrive by 7:30 a.m. and be dressed in their school tie-dye t-shirts.
- January 21 – Date Night sponsored by our Middle School students: You can find the registration form here: http://coastalmontessoricharter.org/parents/forms/
- January 25 – Formal Dining Day
- January 28 – First Annual CMCS Fun Fair sponsored by the MMUN 6th Years traveling to New York City. See the flyer attached to your email for the details. Please put it on the calendar as it promises to be a fun time. The students have been working hard to create an event that promises to deliver.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday!