Wow, is it really October? Time has gone by so quickly. I am so excited for the cooler temperatures and am looking forward to more time outdoors with the students.
We have enjoyed having two full weeks of school and time to really settle into our routine. The scholars are enjoying time with their reading buddies to practice their own reading skills, but also to listen and enjoy being read to. We were able to capture some photos of our time with Ms. Hillary’s class. Enjoy the photos below.
- Monday is our library day. Scholars may check out a book for two weeks unless it is a reference book. Reference books are able to be checked out for three days. Your scholar is aware of this and is reminded every Thursday that all reference books are due.
- Parent-Teacher conferences will be held at the end of this month. Stay tuned for an invite through sign-up genius in the next couple of weeks.
- October 6- “Earned-Free-Dress Day.” If your scholar has not violated the dress code, he or she may participate in free dress. Reminder: tie-dye day is only on Fridays or field trip days; all other days of the week scholars are expected to wear their red or blue CMCS shirts.
- October 18– “Dollar-Dress Day” for MMUN- students may participate in free dress for $1; there is no theme for this day.
- October 19– “Family Literacy Night” 6-7pm, stay tuned for a formal invite and details. This should be interesting and fun for all!
- October 20– Midway Fire Department visits CMCS
- October 27– Originally a flex day, now a make-up day for hurricane Irma- please note this in your calendar. We DO have school on this day
Enjoy the photos!
The 45 Layout: This work allows the scholar to see the growth of numbers and the progression through the hierarchy from one level to the next. We know the students are ready for this work when they can identify numbers 1-9 and after they have been introduced to the golden beads and the language of place value: units, tens, hundreds and thousands.”