The cooler weather feels wonderful and with Halloween behind us, we can look forward to the next special days and events! This month our classroom will explore South Carolina Native Americans. We use the Montessori lesson of Fundamental Needs of Humans as the framework to study all cultures and peoples, and have reviewed this framework often the past few weeks. Ask your child to explain it to you! Our class will decide on one particular tribe to really study in depth. Ms. Shaye’s classroom plans to do the same! We will get together at the end of our study to share with each other what we learned!
Upcoming events and dates:
- November 10 – No School – Veterans Day
- November 14 – 5:00 – Murrels Inlet Chick-Fil-A – Spirit Night supporting MMUN
- November 17 – Presentation for Native American Research 8:30 (Families invited)
- November 17 – PTO Closet Open 7:30-8:00
- November 18 – Parents Night Out!! – hosted by MMUN
- November 20 – CMCS Board Meeting
- November 21 – All School Thanksgiving Feast – (for students)
- November 22-24 – No School Happy – Thanksgiving!!
- December 9 – (Saturday) – Barnes and Noble event at Market Common – details to come
- December 11-15 – Our Annual In-Class SECRET SANTA event! (details to come for new families)
- December 15 – Last Day of Drop Off – Toys for Tots