1) If you are interested in purchasing the black and white photo of your child for $25, the link below will let you preview the pictures. Happy viewing!
2) MS Outreach was phenomenal today; a portion of our students cleaned up litter at the local beach, visited the Lakes at Litchfield elders, and made Valentine cards with the MSPI preschoolers. Over 40 students will have participated in our Outreach rotation within the next month!
3) This Tuesday, February 13, our local Holy Cross Faith Memorial Episcopal Church is hosting a food drive for the Baskervill Food Pantry from 3-6PM–we are asking for as many CMCS Middle School students to assist with this event as possible. Students may be picked up from school starting before 2:30pm and transported to the church before the start time to help with unloading of goods and set up. Pick up is anytime after that–all help is appreciated.
4) Junior Achievement is joining the MS curriculum for a 6-week “It’s My Business” program starting February 16–students will engage in face-to-face and online lessons all about the business world. Visit learn.ja.org for more info on this program or Google JA “It’s My Business.”
5) Students are starting a new cycle next week. Cycle 4 is thematically based around the concept of CHANGES. Let’s make positive changes to make this second half of the year our best yet! Remind your child of the importance of writing down assignments and finishing all items gradually (in small chunks over time), instead of waiting until the last minute to try to whip up something that normally results in something only half decent (as well as in stressing out everyone during the process!). Our expectations for quality will continue to grow as the year continues, but we will be continuing to tweak our lessons to accommodate all learning styles while still providing ample time in class for producing quality work. If students are staying focused and are checking off their submissions, they should never earn zeros for any of us!
As always, we appreciate your support; thanks much!
Middle School Team