PTO Meeting Minutes
February 9, 2016
Melissa Nordstrom’s House
The PTO president, Melissa Nordstrom, called this meeting to order at 6:20 p.m. Those in attendance were Christine Kaulback, Robyn Jones, Amber Bacon and Lynn Dziekan.
There were no new attendees at this meeting.
Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the January 12th meeting were submitted and accepted.
Treasurer’s Report: Our current balance is $4125.79.
- Fundraising/Financial Summary: Thank you to Melisssa Nordstrom for hosting this month’s PTO meeting!
- Spring Membership Drive Results: We have 3 new members with a total of 81 scholars ($14.56/child) and 40% participation. We are going to relaunch this effort after the Eat, Play, Love Gala.
- Goal Update: No word from Mercom. We are thinking that once the school gets closer to installing the wires for the PA system, we will hear from them. We would like to raise $1000 more for the PA system so we do not gut our balance.
- CMCS Community Give Back:
- Bagel Cafe Day: TBD
- Charity- United Way: We are looking into a possible “read in” for the entire county. There have been no marches or walks scheduled. The Bridge to Bridge run, which is a half marathon, is Saturday, October 8, 2016. We will put this on the books for next year. We are trying to stay as local as possible as per Dr. Hunt. We may collaborate with MSPI for a run. We will need to speak to Dr. Hunt about this.