These next few weeks are full of important dates and exciting events.
Conferences begin this week. Please be punctual. The conferences are 20 minutes each and many are back to back. I know your time is precious and I want to offer equal time to each family. (I’ll use a timer to help keep us on track for these conferences!)
Wednesday 5-17 – Math MAP Testing in the morning for 2nd and 3rd years.
Thursday 5-18 – 2nd years field trip to Fort Sumter – Please be on time. Bus leaves at 8:00am sharp. We’ll return by 2:00.
Friday 5-19 – Lower Elementary Play “Welcome to Pinataville!” – Play begins at 5:30 at Waccamaw Middle School Auditorium. Please be there at 5:15.
The following week:
Wednesday 5-24 – Pajama and Movie day!
Friday 5-26 – Egg Drop – If your child wants to participate, all work on their project must be done at home. Please read the following information regarding this event
Annual Egg Drop Competition
It’s that time again! We have talked to the fire department and they are planning to visit us on May 26 at 9 o’clock a.m.to drop our precious eggs from 90 feet in the air!!
Here are the guidelines:
- The egg MUST be in a “package” no bigger than a tennis shoe box including the parachute should a chute be used.
- No pre-made boxes or containers allowed! (ie: Tupperware, cardboard box, cereal box…)
- NO bubble wrap or Styrofoam peanuts allowed.
- Must be a RAW egg or it will be disqualified.
- Box/Container will need to be opened to check on the egg, so make sure it can be resealed easily.
- All work on this project will be done at home.
That’s all, Folks!!
As always, guests are invited to watch!
Mr. Weaver, our bee-mentor from the Blackwater Bee Association, came this past week and delivered our colony to our CMCS observation hive!
Enjoy the pictures!