First off, let me say how much fun it was watching Bones on Friday evening! Thank you to all parents who were able to bring their children to participate in the play. The kids worked hard to learn lines and songs and it paid off.
Secondly, we have finished our auction item for the Annual Eat Play Love event on Saturday, February 11. The kids glazed a tile that fits into a larger picture of a sunflower. We glued them to a tabletop and grouted them last week. It looks spectacular! I plan to be there and hope to see you, too. This fundraiser is done for the benefit of our children – the money goes straight to them. Our wonderful playground climbing equipment was purchased with this money from past events. Please come if you can!
Thirdly, the week ahead:
- We are starting back up with Wordly Wise this week and Analogies are over. We will have the lesson test on Thursday mornings just like before. The students will have the opportunity to get the lesson started Monday if they did not bring it home over the weekend, but in the future, the first section, A, will be due when school starts on Monday.
- Math homework will start back up this week, and will consist of basic skills practice. This practice will vary depending on individual level and skill.
- Please communicate with me if your child’s homework is NOT independent. In my eyes, one purpose of homework is to teach responsibility as well as an opportunity for independent work. If you are coaching the skill at home, I NEED TO KNOW so I can reteach the skill in class.
- Plus, students will have the opportunity to do homework in class once their morning work requirements are completed. That will be a choice work for them.
- Our Aquarium Field Trip is Friday! We will use this opportunity to learn about SC habitats and inhabitants. Students will work in groups to create a digital report about their region and animals. Please pack a lunch for them to eat after we are finished with the aquarium. I have enough drivers for this trip. Thank you!
- Valentine’s Day is coming up. Students will have the opportunity to share Valentines with each other if they want. It is not required. We will make mailboxes this year, so send in a shoebox by Friday, please.
- No school February 20 in honor of President’s Day.
- Fifth Year students will be traveling to Patriot’s Point on February 24 for a 5th grade specific FREE field trip sponsored by the Education Dept. at Patriot’s Point. I already have drivers for this trip. Look for a permission slip link to come out soon.
- Breakfast and Lunch Link for next week: https://docs.google.com/a/coastalmontessoricharter.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehiL8wv4d5UcF4roz-MOXhMt8qGi8g6Br8CU7ojqy_aV5N7A/viewform
- Your child has had a lesson on using the SC sponsored school search engine, Feb. 17Discus. It is a wonderful site that will be helpful to them while doing research for our biography reports. Encourage them to use it instead of Google. scdiscus.org
I believe that’s it! Have a wonderful week,